Gerald E. Darrab, Ph2, U.S.N., demonstrates the completely mobile 35 mm under-water motion picture camera which will be used by the U.S. Navy. It was at the U.S. Naval Photographic center Anacostia, Washington on Oct. 31, 1950.
The camera would make the diver-photographer entirely independent on surface assistance and designed to be completely operated from the outside of the housing. External controls are provided for the lens diaphragm, focus, and starting switch. The unit has detachable wings and vertical rudder which aid in transporting and stabilizing the camera under-water.