His meal for four includes: Gazpacho with a Vegetable Ceviche and Popcorn-Dusted Sea Scallops with Summer Vegetables, found here on page 1; and Strawberries with Watermelon Granite, found on page 2.
The following are the British-born chef's recipes:
Tomato Gazpacho with Vegetable Ceviche
4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/2 cucumber, peeled and seeded
2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
6 basil Leaves
1/2 small bunch cilantro
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 shallots, roughly chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
Red wine vinegar to taste (Chef Sale suggests about 1/2 cup)
V8 Juice to taste (Chef Sale suggests about 1/2 cup)
Tabasco to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, basil, cilantro, garlic and shallots in a large bowl. Add olive oil and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate.
- Marinate overnight in olive oil.
- Place in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Strain mixture, discarding any solids.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- Season with V-8, tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a large scoop of vegetable ceviche to the gazpacho and serve.
1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
1/2 fennel bulb, peeled and diced
1 tomato, peeled and diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 small jalapeno, diced
1/4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8 leaves cilantro, chopped
3 limes, juiced
- Combine all ingredients together and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve with Gazpacho.
Popcorn-Dusted Sea Scallops with Baby Spinach, Corn, Asparagus and Cherry Vinaigrette
16 sea scallops (size U10)
1 package plain microwave popcorn (approx 4 cups)
2 cups baby spinach
2 ears corn on the cob
8 asparagus spears
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 cup cherry vinaigrette
- Pop the corn. When cool, place in a food processor and grind into a coarse dust.
- Grill the corn on the cob whole, then cool and cut corn off of the cob.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water and immediately submerge in ice water. Drain.
- Season scallops with salt and freshly ground white pepper, and roll them in the popcorn dust.
- Sauté the scallops in olive oil until medium rare, about 2 minutes on each side; making sure both sides are golden brown.
- In a large, hot sauté pan melt the butter. Add spinach to pan. Once spinach wilts, add the corn and asparagus. Warm briefly and remove from heat.
- Divide vegetables evenly among four plates. Place the scallops around the vegetables. Pour about 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette around the plate.
Cherry Vinaigrette (makes 2 cups)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pitted cherries (frozen cherries are fine)
5 limes, juiced
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 1/2 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
1/2 tbsp. chopped shallots
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine cherries, orange juice and the lime juice.
- Add the ginger, shallots. Pulse. Add the oil slowly until completely emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper.